I had an epiphany when President Trump contracted the Coronavirus and the news outlets that often show contempt for the President, along with a slew of Democratic politicians, and non-supporters were wishing our energetic, charismatic, outspoken President harm.
They can’t comprehend the love and support President Trump garners. Few if any leaders enjoy this level of adoration, not even former President Barack Obama.
As an ardent supporter from the start of the first debate cycle in 2016, I picked Donald J. Trump as my guy and here’s why. I don’t really trust politicians anymore than I trust snake oil salesmen, although, there are a few exceptions. I find it offensive when politicians talk down to me. I’m an educated voter. And new flash, the ignorant masses are gone as voters are becoming more informed. Fact checking is easier to do now thanks to every comment being recorded and reproduced on the internet. The veil has been lifted, we can see through the lies. I’m not sure all politicians or the press have gotten the memo on this.
I see the three greatest impediments to true public service as being: greed, power-hunger, and fame seeking. These make for weak character and translate into weak leadership because human beings can be manipulated for any of these reasons, and lose sight of the mission. Politicians can be bought. Politicians can become drunk with power, war mongering, and obsessed with their legacy.
So why did I pick President Trump as my guy in 2016?
- He wasn’t a politician.
- He didn’t need the money. Not that public service pays exceedingly well, but after serving in public office, former Presidents get book deals, and speaking engagements, and seem to end up quite well off financially in their post-presidential lives.
- He wasn’t seeking fame. He was already a celebrity.
- Fewer surprises and fears of dirty laundry. When candidates run for office, they’re dragged through the mud along with their family. Trump was already a public figure, so I figured his skeletons had already been exposed.
- He didn’t need the job, he wanted the job.
- He was a successful businessman on the world stage and I thought that the business of America was a mess at the time.
Why am I picking President Trump as my guy in 2020?
- He loves the United States of America.
- He respects the Constitution.
- He works harder than anyone I know.
- He survived all of the attacks and investigations by the Democrats over the last 4 years and did not lose focus of the job at hand.
- He knows what America needs.
- He wants the best for all Americans.
- I applaud his foreign policy.
- He’s working on world peace.
- He’s for school choice.
- He supports our military.
- He supports legal immigration.
- He lowers taxes.
- He supports our police officers.
- He’s made America energy independent.
- He selects the best person for the job, regardless of race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- I know people who have worked for one of his private companies and his employees like him.
- Made in America is important to him.
- He supports our farmers.
- He was living the ultimate American dream and he gave it up for us.
- He has really smart, well raised children.
- He isn’t obsessed with his legacy.
- He’s a fighter and he won’t quit.
- He survived the Coronavirus.
- He has a great sense of humor.
- He doesn’t take a salary.
- He picked Amy Coney Barrett and she’s brillant.
- He wants to clean up corruption in Washington, DC.
- We need him more than he needs us.
- I trust him to do even greater things in the next four years.
- He’s the best person for the job.
If you still don’t get it, then maybe you just aren’t paying attention.